Friday, January 20, 2017

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE'S TIM COMMERFORD DROPS NEW WAKRAT LIVE EP & DOCU-FILM ON INAUGURATION DAY

The new 3 track live EP is now available to stream exclusively on Deezer and features explosive recordings from last year's #MakeAmericaRageAgain tour.  Commerford said about the tour:

"Whenever we would speak with anyone, the first question was always about the election.  I'm in a band with Chuck D and Tom Morello right now, and both of those guys have a very poignant opinion on things.  I was as much a student as I was, sometimes, a teacher.  I know that music can change people because I'm different right now.  I would not be the person that I am today if it were not for music, and for being around Zack de la Rocha and Tom Morello, being around the left-of-centre politics that I've been exposed to."

Listen to 'Wakrat - Live in the USA' EP now on Deezer: http://Deezer.lnk.to/Wakrat

Alongside the EP is a short film documenting WAKRAT's time in London last July when they pulled off one of the most audacious protest acts in the history of punk... starting a new sovereign state, the 'Republic of Wakrat' on Parliament's front lawn in protest at the failing global systems.

Watch WAKRAT's exploits in London: http://youtu.be/_NQads2aABs

The fact that this new live EP and docu-video has dropped on the day of Trump's inauguration is no coincidence:

"I hear so many people right now, like 'Oh, you know, he's going to change the country' and blah blah blah, and all this bullshit.  But the fact of the matter is the reason people voted for him is the 18% decrease in taxes.  That's it, that's what it's all about - it's all about the money.  People want more money, and that's the reason why things like this happen.  That's why it went down this way, and that's why we have a very scary situation here.  I was saying this when they were running - and I've heard other people say it too - that he's like Adolf Hitler.  He is Adolf Hitler.  He's fucking Adolf Hitler.  And He. Is. Scary.  All of us should be really scared, and all of us should be prepared for the worst."

Tim Commerford went on to send this message to his fellow Americans:

"America - they say we're divided, and you look at how close the result was, and we are.  I just hope that the 49 million people that voted for Hillary, and the other millions that voted for other people, continue to take to the streets and protest.  Maybe something great will happen from that; that's my hope.  To me, it means make more music.  Music is the platform I've always used for activism, so this lights a fire underneath me to make more music, and try to politicise people with that music."

WAKRAT will be returning to Europe in the summer to play a host of European festivals with PROPHETS OF RAGE.

Get WAKRAT's debut album now on CD and vinyl from Earache Records at http://www.earache.com/wakrat or get the album on iTunes at http://bit.ly/wakrat-itunes

Watch WAKRAT - Smashing the Grid: http://youtu.be/rN6r-wYQYZg


UK PRESS - KAS MERCER
MERCENARY PUBLICITY
E-mail: kas.mercer@mercenarypublicity.com

No comments: